Forbes: The Best Software Companies To Work For In 2020, According To Glassdoor
- Using Glassdoor’s rankings to find the best enterprise software companies to work for shows industry leaders including Atlassian, Asana, Coupa, Databricks, Slack, Salesforce and others are balancing rapid growth while creating cultures employees want to recommend. An impressive eighteen enterprise software companies have high growth cultures 90% of their employees would recommend working in.
- 95% of the employees working for Asana, Creatio, Looker, Everbridge, Couchbase, Sailpoint, Coupa and Zoom would recommend these companies to a friend looking for work in 2020.
- 72% of all employees working for enterprise software companies would recommend their company to a friend, up from 62% in 2018.
- 83% of all employees working for enterprise software companies approve of their CEO today, up from 76% in 2018.
- CEOs who succeed at improving their approval ratings have a major impact on the percentage of employees who recommend their company to a friend, increasing recommendation scores by as much as 85% up from 70% in 2015.
These and other findings are based on an analysis of Glassdoor rankings of Software Magazine’s 2020 Software 100 List and selected enterprise software companies. An Excel spreadsheet was first created using the 2020 Software 100 list as the basis of the Glassdoor company comparisons. Rankings from Glassdoor were added today for the (%) of employees who would recommend their company to a friend. Next, the metric of the (%) of employees who approve of the CEO was included. The Software 100 list was used to preserve impartiality in the rankings. The original data set the analysis is based on is available for download here in Microsoft Excel format.
A series of cross-tabulations and correlation analyses were done using IBM SPSS Statistics Version 27 to gain greater insights into the data set. Analyzing the data with SPSS shows CEOs who increase the percentage of employees who approve of their performance has a direct effect on how many employees recommend the company. 2020 data shows CEOs can improve recommendation scores by 85%, up from 82% in 2018 and 70% in 2015.
SPSS also showed that gaming Glassdoor is becoming increasingly difficult for a single person attempting to post multiple positive reviews. Analyzing the variation in review levels and the number of reviews shows Glassdoor’s algorithms look for too-consistent reviews, making it difficult to game the site beyond 10 reviews. Based on this finding, all companies from the Software 100 with less than 10 reviews are omitted.
The following are the highest rated software companies to work for in 2020, based the (%) of employees who would recommend the company to a friend (please click here to see an enlarged version of the table below).
The following companies scored between 80% and 89% on the rating % of employees who would recommend this company to a friend (please click here to see an enlarged version of the table below):